PMP certification is the world’s most prominent certification in the project management industry. It signifies the knowledge, skills, and abilities that an individual possesses as well as his dedication towards the work.
According to PMI, there will be a need for almost 2.2 million new project-based individuals every year until 2027.
And do you know that project management professionals who hold PMP certification have much higher chances of landing the jobs? On top of it, they also get higher salaries than those who don’t have any sort of certification.
If you’re planning to get PMP certified but don’t know how to even get started, then keep reading this blog to take you through all the necessary information you need to become PMP certified.
Before we talk about how to get PMP certified, it is essential to understand whether you’re eligible to become a PMP or not?
Eligibility Criteria For PMP Certification-
- Anyone who wants to become a PMP should be able to read, write, perform audits, grasp new concepts & establish plans.
- He should also have a 4-year degree/ a secondary degree from any field.
- They should also have some experience in managing & directing projects. Individuals having a 4-year degree only need to have 4,500 hours of experience in the same & for those who have a secondary degree or diploma, their experience shouldn’t be less than 7,500 hours.
- Along with it, aspirants also need to have at least 35 PDUs.
Usually, the PMP exam fee is $555, but for the members of PMI, the exam fee is just $405.
- Being PMP certified, symbolizes you already have an excellent knowledge of know-how, tools, processes, and methodologies of project management, which positions you as an expert.
- Employers favor the candidates who are PMP certified as they know that the professionals possessing PMP certification are more than qualified to take on the tasks.
- It is proven that PMP-certified individuals earn at least 20% more than those who aren’t certified.
- Having the PMP certification opens up a wide range of opportunities for you.
- The project management institute holds various yearly or quarterly meetings in all major locations regularly around the world where experts discuss the latest innovations & developments in the industry. This again gives you countless networking opportunities.
Here is the step by step process on “how to get PMP certification in india”:
- Meet the eligibility criteria- Gain the relevant experience according to your educational background. You’ll also need to complete 35 PDUs, for which you can take the help of any institute or online course.
- Apply for the exam- Sign up on the PMI website and fill the application form for the PMP exam. Wait some time for your application approval, then pay the exam fee and pick a date of your choice for the exam.
- Prepare- This is the time to put your soul into preparing for the exam. Either enroll in a good institute for the training or start studying on your own, but we would advise you to enroll in an institute to make your preparation streamlined and take less time.
- Take the PMP exam- PMP is a 4-hour MCQ-based exam that you can give online or at any testing site near you.
- Maintain your certification- Once you get your PMP certification, it is only valid for the next three years. You will have to spend 60 hours on professional development activities during that time to maintain it. Or else, you can retake the exam.
I hope we were able to clear all your doubts regarding the PMP exam. PMP is undoubtedly the best certification that you can have in your project management career. If you still have any doubts, do mention them in the comments.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Business & Finance category