Online casino house edge can seem confusing at first, it varies depending on what game you are playing and sometimes changes mid game – click to play Thunderstruck. Despite this, the house edge is actually simple to understand.
The house edge is sometimes also known as the casino edge, it is essentially an indication of which games payout the best and which games have the best return for a bet the player places. Since casinos need to make some sort of profit to continue with their business, the house edge will usually favour the casino to some degree. For players, the house edge can serve as a helpful indication as to what game to play. The lower the house edge, the more chance a player has to make a decent profit! The house edge information regarding casino games is easily accessible and available to all, so players can avoid games with a higher than average house edge.
The house edge of casino games can vary depending on what game you’re playing. The house edge isn’t actually set by the casino, it is actually set by the games themselves! Sometimes the house edge of a game will have differing percentages, this is because in game factors can sometimes affect the house edge.
● Video poker provides some of the lowest house edge of any casino games, at just 0.46%. This can make online poker especially appealing for players.
● Slots house edge can vary massively depending on what type of slot you are playing and what bonus game modes that particular slot is offering, usually it sits between 2 – 15%.
● Baccarat is another game which has a varying house edge, this time the difference is as large as 1.01% all the way to 15.75%!
● Blackjack is another casino game which is incredibly popular thanks to it’s low house edge, this time the house edge sits around 0.5%.
Using the house edge strategically is something which all players should be looking to do. While you cannot remove the house edge, there are a few things which players can do to lower the odds a little more into their favour.
- Blackjack is a game which requires as much player skill as it does luck. The house edge can be quite volatile at times but players can lower it by doing their homework and understand things such as the soft 17 rule. Also research the amount of decks that the online casino uses, the more decks the higher the house edge tends to be.
- Learn basic strategies can really affect the overall house edge of a table based casino game, this helps to remove the hidden edge which players will encounter in more complicated games.
House edge might initially seem like a tricky concept to understand but doing a little research into it reveals that it is simple to understand. The house edge can even be helpful for players when they are enjoying their favourite casino games.
Join the discussion on this topic with One World Group Blog by visiting our contact page